Bathroom Remodel | Millennials are in the home buying market and they like new, modern and efficient. If you haven’t gotten a new tub or updated the fixtures in the last several years, chances are your bathroom is not going to be eye catching (at least not for a good reason) for people looking to purchase a home.
If hiring a professional contractor isn’t in the plans for your bathroom remodel, there are 5 steps you can take to ensure that you complete the perfect bathroom remodel without any hiccups or hangups.
- Establish a Budget- Before diving in and ripping out your bath tub, you need to have a plan and that plan starts with a budget. Know before you shop how much you can spend and give yourself a little wiggle room. Remodeling any part of your home can be expensive and unexpected costs do come up, so make sure when you are starting your project, you have a budget and you stick to it.
- Don’t Forget the Safety Equipment! – You may not think a bathroom remodel is a dangerous job, but there are many parts of this job that will require you to wear a mask, protective glasses and/or gloves. Don’t skip on safety measures.
- Think About Space- If you want to move your tub, sink, or toilet, keep in mind that you will have to reroute plumbing. If you are a plumber, this may be easy for you, but if not, consider choosing new fixtures and keeping them in the same space.
- Make Blue Prints- If you do decide to move fixtures, it will be very helpful if you draw a floor plan with measurements before starting or buying any new pieces. You will also need to be aware of where any outlets are.
- Know Your Materials- Study up on the type of materials you need for a bathroom remodel. While you can use drywall for the walls of the room, your shower walls should be cement board with a waterproofing membrane.
A bathroom remodel can be as easy or complicated as you make it. If you are unsure about your remodel, don’t be afraid to get in touch with a contractor for an estimate! Contact the bathroom remodeling experts at The Bath and Kitchen Gallery today!